The Office of External Relations develops and maintains liaison between the 365体育投注网址ITC and its diverse external customers. The office is the focal point for contacts with the 365体育投注网址TR and other executive branch agencies, Congress, foreign governments, international organizations, the public, and the international, national, and local news media. It also coordinates meetings with international visitors.
External Relations keeps Commissioners and senior 365体育投注网址ITC staff informed of developing issues that might affect the agency's mission and reputation, coordinates Presidential requests for advice and information on trade issues, and manages interactions between the 365体育投注网址ITC and the international trade community.
365体育投注网址The mission of the Office of External Relations is to develop and maintain an effective liaison program between the U.S. International Trade Commission (365体育投注网址ITC) and its varied external customers and manage the public information activities of the 365体育投注网址ITC. The Director, Office of External Relations, reports to the Commission.
- Acts as the focal point for contacts with the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (365体育投注网址TR) and other executive branch agencies, Congress, GAO, foreign governments, international organizations, the public, and the international, national and local news media.
- Represents the 365体育投注网址ITC on the interagency Trade Policy Staff Committee (TPSC). Coordinates the participation of 365体育投注网址ITC staff in TPSC subcommittee activities of direct interest to 365体育投注网址ITC functions.
- Coordinates 365体育投注网址ITC responses to section 332 investigation requests and other requests from the President, 365体育投注网址TR, other Executive Branch agencies, and Congress regarding the provision of information and assistance from the 365体育投注网址ITC.
- Prepares 365体育投注网址ITC's news releases and general informational publications intended for external customers, internal newsletters, and other informational materials pertaining to 365体育投注网址ITC activities.
- Coordinates correspondence with the Executive Branch and the Congress.
- Administers the Commission's detail program to 365体育投注网址TR and to Congressional Oversight committees.
- Administers the 365体育投注网址ITC Representation and Reception funds.
- Processes, through interface with the Department of State, staff applications for Country Clearance to enter foreign countries on agency business.
- Follows and supports all agency-wide functions including EEO, ethics, audit follow-up, and property management.